Flintstone Spitfires

To: Bschwartz@encad.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Flintstone Spitfires
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:59:29 -0500
Barry-

The rockers and pans on my 65 need replacement.  As someone said, it looks
like we are all driving Flintstone cars.

I kind of wanted to learn to weld anyway.  These new wire machines look like
great toys!  Is it very hard to learn?  Since we are not building space
shuttles for NASA, can I learn on the Spit without peril?

The most critical (and tedious) part of the project would seem to be cutting
out the old stuff.  What tools do I need for that?  Is a nibber essential?
 How about a flanger? Or do  the the new pieces just butt?  Do I need an air
chisel?  The only tools I have toward this project to date a a great air
compressor and a match.  What else should I get, and what should I avoid?

All help is appreciated. (Its time to make a Christmas list, you know).

Brian N

65 Spitfire
79 Spitfire
63 Consul Capri