SUCKER ???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SUCKER ???
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:35:44 -0600
OE>Oh, the advantages of living on the West Coast.

OE>I just installed a new starter in my TR6.  This was
OE>a Roadster Factory starter and I notieced on the invoice a
OE>refundable core deposit of $45.00 (listed as $25.00 in the
OE>1996 glove box companion).  The installation went fine, two
OE>hours.

OE>The bad news, if it can be called that, is that it cost me
OE>$25.68 to return the old starter via UPS ground trac through
OE>Mail Boxes Etc.

OE>Let's see $45.00 -25.68 is about $19.32.

OE>BTW, TRF paid $13.75 to ship it out in 3 days.

OE>I do not know about MOSS's policy but next time, when ever
OE>that is . . . . . . (but then maybe avoid Mail Boxes and go
OE>to UPS direct)

OE>Color me "suckered"

OE>Gary

Gary,
 What you have described is very common and unfortunate in our "hobby".
 I have had extremely good luck in locating shops that are capable and
qualified to rebuild starters, alternators and generators for any Britsh
car.
 All it takes is a little looking around yourown neighborhood and you
should be able to find a qualified rebuilder. Just look fo r a shop that
specializes in auto electrics.
 Someone has to rebuild these things for our mail order suppliers. My
guess that it is most likely some local shop near to the mail order
warehouses.
 So, why not eliminate the middle man, in this case, the mail order
companies, and get as good or better quality at a lot better price.
 Just my opinion, but I think worthy of consideration.
Regards,
TonyR
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com