Re: WANT TR4 RADIO BRACKET

To: Mark Bryon Joslyn <mbjoslyn@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: WANT TR4 RADIO BRACKET
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 13:28:28 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>, TRHPK7195@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Mark Bryon Joslyn wrote:

>       As for the TR3/4 lighter, it was available as an accessory I believe,
> and it was called a "cigar lighter", and yes I do have one installed on
> the dash of my 60 TR3. I have seen somewhere an accessory folder which
> listed it as an accessory but could not correctly identify that source.
>                                               TRiumphantly, Mark

According to the March 1, 1960, "Triumph Suggested Retail Price List," a
cigar lighter is not one of the "TR-3 Accessories as Original Equipment."
                                                     ^^^^^^^^
However, these most likely were dealer-installed items on the TR3. One of
my TR3As has one -- in the dash. It is a period Casco (U.S. manufactured)
lighter. Meanwhile, the "Triumph Sports Car 20 TR2, 3 & 3A models Spare
Parts Catalogue" gives p/n 502041, then 504109 for Comm. No. 8637 on.

An accessories brochure I have for TR-4A shows a "Convenience Group
Console" -- p/n V436, that includes "lighter, ash tray and arm rest with
map compartment. Adds the final touch of luxury to your TR-4A." In the
U.S., these and most such accessories were sourced from companies such as
AMCO.

--Andy