Holly carbs on lbc's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Holly carbs on lbc's
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:16:36 -0800
> Barry,

> I have been reading with much interest your thoughts about webers, strombergs,
> and SU's.  I have recently heard rumor that there are mods for small 2 barrel
> Holly carbs for LBC's.

> Is this true to your knowledge?
David,
I'm not sure which Holly 2bl your referring to, but the Holly progressive
2bl found on Pintos and Vegas is very similar to the Weber 32/36 DGV.  It is
after all made by Weber to their specs.  All these are donwdraft types with
the main difference is in the fuel inlet and throttle shaft area.  These can
certianly be "modified" (jet's etc.) to work with almost any after market
manifold designed for the Weber DGV carb.  Other than that I know of no
others, not that it couldn't be done I just haven't heard of any -
< snip >
> I have also heard that the Hs6 SU's are a direct bolt on conversion.
< snip >
Nothing, in my experience is a direct bolt on conversion,  The carbs may
bolt to the manifold but the throttle linkage, fuel inlet, and jetting will
most certianly need to be modifed/changed to suit you application -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+