RE: i'm a traitor! (not)

To: diiulio@ix.netcom.com, rcarley@uoguelph.ca
Subject: RE: i'm a traitor! (not)
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 11:08:00 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961118110800r ]
Robert & Tom,
   Chances are that you are getting the same part. When I purchased a local
starter I opened up the box to a Lucas starter. I don't know what shipping
would be but just being able to pick one up and driving in the next hour is
a lot more fun that sitting a week waiting for the UPS guy.
   The lifetime warranty I have used frequently is the Lifetime Battery I
bought in 1973 from Penny's. It is still covered by Firestone at the mall
locations. Needless to say it has been worth the $25 it cost spent back then.
 I still have a life time on a front end alignment that I was under $10 when
purchased. I am sure the sellers of these part/services don't think they
will be servicing them 20+ years later. If you plan on keeping you car (like
I have) it does not hurt to get long term warranties if offered. just try
and keep up with the receipts.
Later,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L