Re: Mystery wheels (A/P ?)

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: Mystery wheels (A/P ?)
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 07:36:02 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Tom Tweed wrote:

> Hello Dean, you wrote:
>  >3) Why would 14" wheels be fitted to a TR4?  I remember hearing that 240Z
>  >wheels had the same bolt pattern as TRs, and I seem to remember that my
>  >'72 240Z had 14" wheels on it.  Coincidence?
>  >

> Why ?  DPO strikes again.  They should be 15"

        Not necessarily. Yes, it's most likely the DPO wanting nifty
        wheels and got a good deal on 14" rims... It could also be a hard up
        autocrosser wanting to get a lower gear ratio without replacing the
        rear end. It's a common practice to go to smaller wheels and tires to
        get more bottom end grunt when autocrossing.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois