BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Patrick Fitzhorn" <patrick

To: triumphs
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from ["Patrick Fitzhorn" <patrick@engr.colostate.edu>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 15:28:06 -0700 (MST)
     From: "Patrick Fitzhorn" <patrick@engr.colostate.edu>
     Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 13:48:11 +0000
     Subject: Spit MK4 window problems

Fellow Triumphiles:

After rebuilding the doors of a 1971 Spit MK4, we find the windows
roll up nearly vertical rather than leaning "into" the door channels on
the windscreen.  We've shimmed out the window frame at its base
trying to point the entire window frame into the car's centerline,
but that did little.  Our shims are a pair of thick washers on each
of the two bolts at the base.  The top bolts draw the window frame
directly  against the inner door sheet metal.

So, the window frame top isas far inboard as it's gonna
get.  The window frame bottom is shimmed outboard by the thickness
of two thick washers at each bolt.  The windows still roll up way too
vertically.    Any ideas?  We didn't see any "handedness" to the
frames and channels other than the obvious - LH frame has to fit
in LH door.  Do we shim our little hearts out here or have we missed
something completely different?

Patrick A. Fitzhorn          !   "There is no unsophisticated engineering left,
Mechanical Engineering       !    or at least there shouldn't be!"
Colorado State University    !                                    Gordon Glegg
Fort Collins, CO  80523      !