'69 Spit Window and Hinge questions.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '69 Spit Window and Hinge questions.
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 17:24:17 -0600
Has anyone ever replaced a side window in one of these?  When I got my car
the drivers side window was sitting where the seat would have been (if there
had been a seat).  I looked in the door and there is a piece of something
(rubber?) that looks like the window is supposed to be wedged into to hold
it in the track(I will call it the "PIECE").

Is the window just shoved in there?
Would I be wasting my time trying to use the old piece?
Should the piece be placed on the window and then both put it together or
should the piece be in the track before I try to put the window in?
I suspect that the old piece should be replaced even thou it looks ok.
After all, if it were really OK the window probably wouldn't be laying on
the floor.  But does anyone know where to get this part?  Is it something
that Moss,Victoria British or TRF might carry?

My hinges are a little loose.  If I lift the door I can see play in the
hinge pin.  If I lift the door to where it would be if the hinge pin were
not worn, it closes easily.  So....

Is there any way to adjust how the door sits?  Is it possible to loosen the
hinge where it bolts to the body or the door, and move things around a
little bit?

Can the pin be replaced (not likely) or will I have to buy new hinges?
Will the places mentioned above have the hinge? Any one know what they cost?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had to do either of these before.

Thanks

Eric
esc@firstnethou.com
If god hadn't intended it to have a V8,