Re: '69 Spit Window and Hinge questions.

To: esc@firstnethou.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '69 Spit Window and Hinge questions.
From: Jonathan Miles <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 13:30:06

> My hinges are a little loose.  If I lift the door I can see play in the
> hinge pin.  If I lift the door to where it would be if the hinge pin were
> not worn, it closes easily.  So....
>
> Is there any way to adjust how the door sits?  Is it possible to loosen the
> hinge where it bolts to the body or the door, and move things around a
> little bit?

Yes, just loosen the bolts off, adjust the door and retighten. The
bolts are in elongated holes and there is a tapped, movable plate
behind.

> Can the pin be replaced (not likely) or will I have to buy new hinges?
> Will the places mentioned above have the hinge? Any one know what they cost?

In the UK you can buy both pins and complete hinges. Hinges are about
15 pounds each. Pins are only a couple.  However, I don't know how to
replace the pins, especially when worn. It looks like a tough job.
I've asked this list about hinge pin replacement before but had no
response.

> I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had to do either of these
>before.

> Thanks
>

> Eric
> esc@firstnethou.com
> If god hadn't intended it to have a V8,
> he wouldn't have put me here.
> '69 Spitfire
> '82(sort of) Camaro
> '73 Corvette

Good Luck ! and let me know how you get on.

Jonathan

'77 spitfire 1500

*************************************
Dr J.E.Miles