Re: Chatting on the List

To: "Sholtes IV" <joeiv@concentric.net>, <Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV>
Subject: Re: Chatting on the List
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 06:54:08 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hey Joe.. I tend to agree with Martin. The E-mail which DOES have relevant
content also has plenty of lite hearted social conversation as well. I find
this list invaluable for someone such as myself ( a novice restorer), but I
arrived home from long days at work to scan through 80+ messages last
night. While I enjoy all the info I can get... The "personal" notes just
seem to "get in the way" and quickly go to the trash bin. I on many
occasions send E-mail "Back to author ONLY" when it does not seem
beneficial to the group. I know this small point of view might sound a bit
anal... but 50 to 80 messages a day takes a fair amount of time to work
through in the hopes of finding "content".
Most respectfully yours... Winnie