Steering Column Cowl for a TR6 needed...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Column Cowl for a TR6 needed...
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:05:36 -0600
In the process of getting my car up and running again, I noticed that the
DPO, when taking out the ignition switch, has cut the steering column cowl
in two - and hence now, the steering is somewhat 'wobly', since it no longer
has the support of the cowl (a bearing at each end doesn't help much when
the cowl is in two pieces). So...I am looking for a replacement - used or
new. TRF lists them in their catalogue as "154731 Steering Column Cowl
Assembly", and MOSS as "667-475 Steering Column Cowl" - but neither of them
have it in their pricelists - so most likely not 'readily available'.
Anybody on the list that may have one sitting in e.g. a parts car that they
would mind parting with for a reasonable amount of money? Or can I use one
from other Triumph models, such as a GT6?  Not that these are readily
available either, but maybe the chances of finding e.g. a Spit in a
junk-yard are a little bigger around here.

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. I am in Austin, TX - but don't suppose that shipping that item (it is
fairly light) can cost that much from most any place around the world :-)

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - FOR SALE
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project