Re: TR6 front bumper...preferably something that will fit a '74..

To: ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 front bumper...preferably something that will fit a '74..
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 09:13:42 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael,

You ask - <<so if anybody got insights as to what year front bumper
might fit - please let me know,>>

A '74  (translated into, not a 74 1/2, not a 73, and certainly nothing else)

I have been messing with our '74, trying to get the "boobs" back on the rear
bumper after they were left off by DPO in a botched repair after the car was
hit in right rear corner.

If the front is anything like the rear, ONLY the 74 bumper will work.  (do to
the overriders and bracket - at least on the rear)

Personally, I like the overriders, on the appropriate year cars.  However, if
you truly don't like them, then you can leave them off.

The 74 rear bumper looks fine without them, only two hardly noticable
"notches" remain after their removal.

On mine the front are on, so this isn't from experience - but I have heard
that the removal of the front leaves two holes in the bumpers on each side.
 These holes can be filled with rubber plugs, for a not too bad appearance.

However, since you don't have a front bumber, if you are not interested in
putting overriders back on, you might then be able to substitute an earlier,
i.e. '73 bumber which would not then leave you with the holes.

Good Luck
JoeSimcoe