Re: tires

To: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Subject: Re: tires
From: pwatson@ix.netcom.com (Pete Watson)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 06:48:47 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Robert,
     You might be all right, depending on the size and offset of the
wheels.  I once had a '65 MkII on 185/70-13 tires on 6" wide wheels,
and I had to bend up the lips on the inside of the wheel arches, and
they would also rub on the firewall in hard turns.  You might try to
find 175/60 or 185/60, which would have a little smaller radius.
Measure the circumference of the stock tires (inflated) and divide by
pi to find the radius you should try to match.  The rears were no
problem, even with the 185/70s.

     Pete