TR3 seat upholstery

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 seat upholstery
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:30:26 PST
The time has come to install my new seat kits.  When I removed the old
ones to check the pans I found the plywood tack strips had deteriorated.
 I was going to replace them with plywood but will instead be using a
synthetic (plastic) tack strip recommended by an upholstery shop as it
holds staples very well and doesn't rot.

My question is can anyone remind me of the correct placement of the tack
strips?  ISTR that one laid flat in a U shape along the back of the base
pan and the other ran along the base of the seat back.  I had been pretty
good about getting photos or shooting video of disassembly in the past
but felt that surely "I could remember these details!!!" (wrong).  TIA

mrb