Re: TR3 seat upholstery

To: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre), Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 seat upholstery
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 12:25:43 -0700 "TR3 seat upholstery" (Nov 25, 10:30am)
On Nov 25, 10:30am, Matt Barre wrote:
> My question is can anyone remind me of the correct placement of the tack
> strips?  ISTR that one laid flat in a U shape along the back of the base
> pan and the other ran along the base of the seat back.  I had been pretty
> good about getting photos or shooting video of disassembly in the past
> but felt that surely "I could remember these details!!!" (wrong).  TIA

        That's the way it worked on my TR4 seats, which should be the same
        as yours. The hinged seat has a strip on the inside base of the
        seat back, and the non-hinged seat has the U shape strip on the
        bottom.

        I wish I had known about the plastic strip! Bending that plywood for
        the hinged seat was a trick!

Charlie Farwell         1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cyf@dr.att.com