Re: TR 3 Glove Box Door

To: dwilliam@mail.educ.gov.bc.ca
Subject: Re: TR 3 Glove Box Door
From: JimBPPS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 21:29:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David,

In your message to Frank, you mentioned you had interior vinyl from TRF.  Is
the grain, thickness, and "stretchability" of the TRF vinyl similar, close to
or an exact replacement, for the original???

I am in the midst of restoring my '58 TR3 and have not found the "perfect"
match to the original vinyl on the dashboard and other interior trim.  For me
the stretchability of the newer vinyls has been the problem.  The original
vinyl was very thin and not very stretchy at all.  It also lasted over thirty
years and except for a couple of rips due to the POs lack of care and an
accident it is still in good shape!   I plan on replacing all of the interior
vinyl from one piece of new material, hopefully I can find the "perfect"
match.

Any comments and/or advise from the list would be appreciated.

TIA

Jim Bauder
Palo Alto, CA
'58 TR3 in boxes