Re: RUSTED FLOORBOARD REPAIR METHODS?

To: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, esc@firstnethou.com, TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RUSTED FLOORBOARD REPAIR METHODS?
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:06:47 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-26 14:15:59 EST,
Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com (Richard Ceraldi-ERC004) writes:

<<  wouldn't it make sence
 to put >drain holes in the lowest spots on the floor boards to prevent rust?

 I >think that a drain hole is not too much to ask for. This seems like too
 >simple of a solution to such a common and severe problem too have been
 >overlooked by the manufacturer. So why didn't they do it? If you know >why
 please let me know.
 >Ok, I have finished ranting.

 Eric,
 Of course I have a GT6 that will never get rained in unless I leave the
 windows open but I would think the floor pans are the same (or very similar)

 as a Spitfire. My car has several large holes with rubber plugs that would
 let water out if removed. Like wise they would let water in if the plugs
 weren't in. Look around and you might find you ranting was for nothing >>

Eric and Richard
I think all our Triumphs have similar large holes with rubber plugs, but
unless
you leave your top down in a downpour, I don't think this is an issue. Damp
carpets and underpading are what rot our floorboards out, and the drain plugs
are'nt
any help with this.

Wet today in Philly,
Jack Mc