RE: 73 TR6 Suspension Re-bush

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'John Ruppert'" <jcr01@americanisuzu.com>
Subject: RE: 73 TR6 Suspension Re-bush
From: Daddy Gene <garrison@shadow.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 20:46:05 -0500
John -

Wanted to put my 1.25 cents worth in if it's not too late...

I put the Nylatron bushings in my '73 TR6 front end a coupla years back.  Lubed
'em up real good and so forth.  They were fine for about 6 months but then they
started to creak and groan and crack...  extremely loud, extremely embarrasing,
extremely etc.  Tried WD-40 to quiet them; made no difference.

I really really liked the way the car felt and drove with the hard bushings,
but couldn't tolerate the noise.  Went back to rubber.

Strangely enough, I have some hard plastic bushings in the rear suspension that
I got from a local guy that work fine.  Don't know what they're made from; some
black material.  Not as hard as nylon.

Gene Garrison
Owned by '73 TR6 in S. Florida