Re: Racing TR6's, TR4s, TR7s, TR8s

To: "Scott Stacey (Prince George)" <SSTACEY@sierrasys.com>, "'James Sudduth'" <jims@autodesk.com>
Subject: Re: Racing TR6's, TR4s, TR7s, TR8s
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 96 11:52:36 EST
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Nov 27, 11:02am, "Scott Stacey (Prince George)" wrote:
> Subject: Racing TR6's, TR4s, TR7s, TR8s
> Apparently you have never raced against a well sorted TR4 (non-IRS). My
> concern is that someone could be so deluded to think that a TR7 could
> even adequately get out of its own way.
> Cheers - Scott.

...and you've apparently never raced against a well sorted
TR-7.  Now understand that I race a TR-4, and I'm no fan
of the TR-7, but they can be fast.  Ted Schumaker (who
helped develop them for racing) has gone on record as
saying that the TR-7 is the best handling TR "out of the
box".  There's a TR-7 that just got sold around here that
runs 1:24's at Summit Point; while this year's MARRS champion
TR-4 has only been able to manage 1:27's.

later,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm