Re: American Racin Wheels

To: dynamic@pbgi.com
Subject: Re: American Racin Wheels
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:32:43 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

You are describing the same wheels that I have. Sounds like you have 5.5
and 6 inch varieties. The one with the "dish" at the interface of spokes
to the outside wheel are 5.5 inch and the ones that are "flat" are the 6
inch.

What happened in my case is that I got three 5.5 inch rims in the initial
purchase and when I did find a 4th, it was by chance a 6 inch. This was
okay more or less. I wound up putting the 6 inch on the rear so that the
front end geometry wasn't too wierd. I have noticed that the handling is
a little wierd with the slightly "offset" track due to one side being
wider than the other.

At any rate, I looked high and low on the east coast for that forth rim,
and I waited more than a year before I bought it and the seller would not
budge on his price. He _knew_ what he had, so he would not let it go cheap.

If it is any consolation, I'll notify the triumphs list if/when I sell my
set with the name of the buyer in case he wants to break up what I sell
him. I know that he will probably want to sell one or two, becasue he has
three also.

Stay tuned!
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Does a frame count as .25 or .33?