Rebirth of Triumph/A-H

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebirth of Triumph/A-H
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:21:37 -0800
Well, just to cloud and confuse the issue, let me reply to the question
of the possible return of Triumph.  I attended the first Euro 96 held at
the BMW plant in Greenville, S.C.  At the awards banquet that envening,
Mr. Bankie (sp?) of BMW stated that both Triumph and Austin-Healey would
return by the turn of the century!   Mr. Bankie runs the Zentrum, the
BMW museum at the plant.  Why would he state such?  Your guess is as good
as mine.

About the only thing, I guess, that we can surmise from all this is that
somebody, somewhere is at least "thinking out loud" about the possibly of
reviving some of the marques BMW owns the rights to.

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.