Re: TR3 in commercial

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 in commercial
From: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net (Keith A. Edwards)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 21:31:55 -0500 (EST)
Cc: RTR@Tsquare.com
Doug Mitchell asked:
>Anyone else see the commercial on ABC-TV last night (sorry non-NA
>people) with the TR3 and the SAAB convert? Advertising some kind
>of instant heat hair curler.

Yes, I have seen the white TR3 (with wire wheels) in the BrAun commercial
twice in the last day.  Last time was on the E! (cable/satellite) channel.

I rather expect it will be heavily advertised for Christmas giving coming up.

I had not recognised that the other car was a Sob convertible.  Is BrAun
from Sweden, by chance?  Perhaps the commercials will air internationally.

I was excited to a see a classic TR (just like one of mine, but evidently
running better) in a present-day commercial.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net
2 '62 TR3Bs
2 '67 TR4As
1 '54 Austin-Healey 100-4
1 '54 Austin Princess Vanden Plas limo (still For Sale)
1 '78 Winnebago Minnie Winnie race-chaser and tow vehicle
+ 3 British parts cars