Follow-up on NOS TR6 hardtops from Moss Europe?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Follow-up on NOS TR6 hardtops from Moss Europe?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:13:08 -0600
Dear fellow scions,

>I tried to send Moss Europe an e-mail about it, but they never responded

Just checked my snail-mail - and there was a price quote from Moss London -
and yes, the Hard top skin is selling at 75 british pounds, and is the shell
and interior liner ONLY - no windows or trim included. But still a pretty
good deal in my mind.  Glass rear and sides should run about $275, and
seals, finisher, mount brackets, and buffer around $500 (VB) - bringing the
total price up to $900 for a brand new hardtop (which then have to be
painted - it comes in primer only). And that compares with TRF's price of
the same package (primer only, not assembled) in the Glove Box companion of
$1.500 - ignoring shipping (probably safe to assume that shipping it from UK
is quite a bit more expensive than shipping from TRF to your local US
address - but probably not $600)

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - FOR SALE
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project