English Slang

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: English Slang
From: Dudley Simons <drs1005@esc.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:47:46 +0000 (GMT)
For once I feel I have information that I can share with the list!

As previously mentioned the literal and slang meanings of "bugger" are a
little differant!

The following may not be a dictionary definition but it should illustrate
the use of the expression!

Bugger is often used -
aw bugger = oh deary me
or buggeration + as above, but often a north country expression
or
shot to buggery = probably worn out or broken
and
bugger off = as mentioned - please go away, or I do not value your
opinion please keep it to self

Whilst the word is not exactly in the top league of expletives and is
common useage, it is not the sort of thing you would say to, or hopefully
hear from, your local priest or childs school teacher!

Hope this makes everthing clear!

Dudley
(64 Herald saloon and still trying to sell it)