Re: TR6 Purchase

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Purchase
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 21:06:25 -0800
Tom:

I am convinced that the TR6 is a very reliable car, once the mistakes of
the DPO have been corrected and everything is put right mechanically.  In
the summer of 1990 between the middle of June and the middle of August I
logged approx. 8000 miles on my TR, and all I did during that time was
change the oil, and maybe the air cleaners!  I used it for (short) fly
fishing trips very frequently, and never worried about anything.  Be
prepared to solve some problems initially, though.  Make sure that the
basic structure of the car is good.  I know one fellow who paid $3600 for a
'74 TR6 and the frame was VERY badly damaged by a wreck... looked like it
had at one time hit a brick wall at 70mph!

Any more questions just drop me a line!

Pete Chadwell