Re: Shipping Herald Saloon from UK to Portland,Or (Tom Call)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping Herald Saloon from UK to Portland,Or (Tom Call)
From: VATAINC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 23:41:44 -0500
I'am new to the list and would appreciate some advice. After a year of
looking
I have come to the conclusion that Herald saloons in the UK are more
plentiful and there is a better chance to find a restored or very good
condition car than in the US.
Has anyone had any experience shipping a car recently? I understand shipping
methods can vary from crating the car to lashing it on deck. Anything  thing
to watch out for? Suggestions? Recommendations?

My first car was a saloon which is why I am looking at this model, but I
would also enjoy open air motoring.   Do you know of anyone that has
strengthened a saloon so the car could be safely used with the hard top on or
off. Thanks for any advice.

Tom Call
65 Herald conv.
vatainc@aol.com