RE: American Racing wheels for TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: American Racing wheels for TR6
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:41:59 -0800
>Pete & Aprille,
>        I am also looking for a set, but for a TR-250. Any help?

Kevin:

I'll tell you, Kevin... if I had any clues to finding additional wheelsto
complete my set, I'd be on 'em!  However, recent financial situations have
found me entertaining thoughts of selling my three, if anyone wants to face
the challenge of finding a fourth!  Frankly, when I bought them 8 years
ago, or whenever it was, I figured since they were "American Racing
Equipment" wheels, that I'd have no trouble picking up a fourth!  I stand
corrected.  Also, if you ever do wind up with a set, put spacers onto the
hubs!  The lack of spacers will ruin the wheels at the front, because the
offset is not quite right, and the ends of the upper wishbones scrape into
the inner rim.  Of course, TR250 or TR6 doesn't matter to these wheels.

Good luck, and if you ever find somebody with one 5.5" wheel, please refer
them to me, or vise versa!!!!

Thanks!

Pete Chadwell