Re: Coming in from the lurk...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coming in from the lurk...
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:42:45 -0800
Mike:

I do modifications very carefully, so as not to overdo anything that is
going to cause problems later on, so, when I rebuilt my TR6 head, I only
raised the compression to 9.5:1.  This increase did not need shortened
pushrods, or shimmed up rocker pedestals, or anything.  Also, from the
competition manual, (if my memory is correct) I rounded off the four sharp
ridges cast into the combustion chambers, as a precaution... probably
overkill for only 9.5:1, but definitely a good idea for 10.25:1.  I beleive
that the manual says anything 10.5:1 or over will need shortened pushrods
to correct the geometry... I also matched the intake and exhaust ports with
the intake manifold and header, as recommended in the manual, a good idea.
I had the machine shop install hardened valve seats so that I would be able
to run unleaded fuel, also a good mod, I think.  Hope these are useful
tips.

Good luck!

Pete Chadwell