TR6 transmission rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 transmission rebuild
From: jhh19@mail.idt.net (John Howard)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 09:36:45 -0500
Cc: Nickbk@aol.com
Thanks for the advise...I will take it all to heart.
My first stymie is that I cant get the OD off! Didnt read the instructions
well enough beforehand so did not go through the process to release the OD
from the mainshaft. Sigh. Bentley says i can simulate the process with a
special tool that allows you to pressurize the unit through the tool with a
greese gun. I guess i might frabricate such a tool, but does anyone have a
better idea? (Short of putting the dang thing back in and starting over.)I
shoulda come to the list before beginning.
Thanks in advance       John