TR-3 Brake Fluid Compatibility

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3 Brake Fluid Compatibility
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 10:08:10 -0500
I've got a question for the experts:
I dis-assembled the brake fluid reservoir on my TR-3 (for those who haven't
seen one, it looks like a Cambell's Soup can) and cleaned the 20 year old
black goo out.  To my surprise, the tin plating on the inside still looked
good, so I decided to re-assemble it, instead of buying a "new" one.
There was a small rubber sealing washer between the inner can and the outer
can which had more or less disolved.  Neither Moss or TRF list this part in
thier catalogs.  If I was to make a new one, are there any obscure
restrictions on the material I use, or will an old bicycle inner tube work?
 (OK I'm not really going to use one.)  Do I have to send away to England for
an inner tube from Girling?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim Harroun