RE: British Car Models

To: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Subject: RE: British Car Models
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 10:59:51 +0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Daren Allder wrote:

> I've definitely seen a cheap 1/43 (or thereabouts) model recently of an
> early Sptifire, possibly a Corgi model?  Anyone out there know what I'm
> talking about?!  Or whether they're available in North America?

Yes, I believe it is Solido. They run in the $20.00 range, and they are
available as a Signal Red open convertible or as a BRG hardtop. They are
readily available from EWA, Triple-C Motor Accessories, and undoubtedly
many other model vendors in the U.S.

BTW, the red one is a very nice model, especially if you print little
tiny "412 VC" number plates for it! :-)

--Andy