TR3A Clutch Problems, the final report

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Clutch Problems, the final report
From: JordanMWJr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:03:07 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my questions about a dead clutch on a 59 TR3A.
 The concensus seemed to be the M/C was leaking or the mounting of the
various forks to the various levers was too loose.

I took the M/C apart, again, and found evidence of an inadequate seal between
the cylinder walls and the plunger assembly.  Probably honed too many times,
including the twice I honed it, and probably would have benefited from a
re-sleeve or oversized plunger/seal.

Anyway, I bought a new M/C from TRF, installed (for brakes) and moved the old
brake M/C (which had not been malfunctioning) to clutch position.  I also
machined new link pins connecting levers to forks to ensure a tight fit with
no excess play and now the brakes and clutch work great.

New question for the group, who does a good job at re-sleeving the M/Cs; with
an extra I would like to have reconditioned to have as a spare.

Thanks again.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, MS.