Tach Readings

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach Readings
From: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 12:19:14 -0600
I was driving around with a friend the other day in my Stag with the TR6
engine and he looks over at the dash and says, your tach's not right.  This
friend has previously owned a TR4 and now a Porsche 356.  I hadn't thought
much about it since I don't drive my car very hard but since he mentioned it
I ran it up through the gears and the tach never went over 3500.

He says, and I'm sure he's right, that it should have read more like 4500.

So now I'm wondering.  Since the tach itself is a Stag tach and the engine
is a TR6 what does this all mean?

Any ideas out there.

lchillin@siu.edu
'73 STRag