Re: Clutch Fluid, green for the holidays ...<9612041559.AA05632@voa2.VOA

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Clutch Fluid, green for the holidays ...<9612041559.AA05632@voa2.VOA.GOV>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 08:59:54 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Martin,

>Herešs a ĒdumbĒ question.

Don't worry about it, I ask them all the time!!! :-)

>Why is my Spitfire clutch fluid GREEN?  What the hell is it, anyway?  Išve
>never worked on a clutch fluid system, so I know more than nothing about it --
>I think, actually, that I have ĒnegativeĒ knowledge about it (i.e., everything
>I know is probably wrong).

Pea Soup????? Or perhaps Citroen LMA fluid, thats green I think...

>What kind of fluid is normally used in the clutch system?

Brake fluid.

>I would also like to know the airspeed of a European Sparrow, but I can wait
>on that answer until I go looking for the Holy Grail.

I think you mean a European Swallow.....

'Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat it's
wings 43 times every second, right?'

OK, I'm sad, I actually happen to have a copy of the Holy Grail script on my
desk, don't ask why though!!!!

Cheerio

Rich.