Headers and aluminum stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headers and aluminum stuff
From: Spit74@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 13:01:12 -0500
I'm in the process of painting my Spitfire exhaust manifold with a high-temp
paint (Eastwood's).

Having sandblasted it clean today, I noticed that it has a hairline fracture.
 My local guy suggests that a welder that does work on heavy cast iron parts
will be able to repair it.  Anyone have experience with repairing a header?

Also, what do we use to make the intake manifold shiny and new again?  Is it
aluminum?  Is it "anodized" aluminum?  There is an "aluminum jelly" on the
market, but it's not for "anodized" metal, whatever that means.

I assume, also, that the brake and clutch M/C chambers are of the same metal
as the intake manifold, correct?  It would be nice to spit 'n polish those
babies one day, too ...