RE: TR6 REAR AXLES

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 REAR AXLES
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 21:45:38 -0500
Doug,
If you are really looking for performance, don't swap with a non-british
engine. The result may be "okay", but the car would probably be very hard to
sell in the future. Just take a look in Hemmings and look at the price
difference between Stags with stock engines and the cars with the various
"replacement" engines. I would recommend either upgrading the TR4 engine as we
have discussed in the past, or installing a TR250/6  6 cylinder engine. All the
parts to install it are factory items and performance is as much as your wallet
will allow. Remember the non-USA TR5's and 6's had 150 stock horsepower. You
can easily get this with a TR6 engine with a cam, mild head work, header and
improved carburation (webers, injection, etc...).

I too, had a Z car in the past. 1976 280Z with a much modified engine. They are
alot of fun, but unit bodies are hell when the rust sets in. Great engine
though.

I'll keep you posted as to the expected power improvements in my TR4A. I'm
hoping for big gains (125-130HP). We will see.........

Dave Herr
73 Stag
65 TR4A