Spitfire windows

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire windows
From: Ken Tharp <kthinc@dwx.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 22:36:29 -0600
A couple of weeks ago, there was some discussion about how to "tighten
up" loose or wobbly windows on TR's of some stripe. Because I can no
longer locate the information, I'm bringing up the subject again.

Being in Iowa, my '79 Spitfire has its factory hardtop on for the
winter. The driver side window fits snugly (realizing that "snugly" is a
relative term when it comes to British sports cars) against the seals on
the hardtop & windscreen frame. However, the passenger side window is
another story. As the car increases speed, the gap between the seals and
the window increases.

I recently installed new door waist seals (I think I'm pretty much an
expert on this procedure, if anyone needs any help, by the way), and
that has improved things slightly. But, there is still more play in the
passenger side window than the driver window. I'm left to conclude that
there must be some way to adjust the tension or something. Can somebody
fill me in, please??!?

Thanks,
Ken Tharp
'79 Spitfire