Re: TR6 Oil Filter Shell Removal!

To: stuartb@voicenet.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Oil Filter Shell Removal!
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:41:35 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 8 Dec 1996 20:23:18 -0500 (EST) Stuart Bollen
<stuartb@voicenet.com> writes:
>At 05:47 PM 12/8/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>I changed the oil and filter for the first time in my '70 TR6.  Who
>ever
>>designed the location of the oil filter shell assembly was not
>friendly
Whoa! I've had a couple of TR6's and this frustrated me a bit, too, but I
found that by removing the oil pressure switch and putting a little oomph
on the lower steering column, you could squeeze the canister out between
the block and the steering column.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)