Re: New/old 240Zs - more info

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New/old 240Zs - more info
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 18:58:00 +0000
While I wouldn't admit to 'having Nissan's ear' I have heard about the new/old
cars from the inside (the NETC of my address stands for Nissan European
Technology Centre - I'm a Body Design Engineer).  Apparently, since the demise
of the last Z car (the 300ZX), it has finally dawned on the powers that be they
no longer have no real sports car in their line-up.  To rectify this it is
planned to create a heritage division for certain US areas (San Francisco, LA,
Washington DC and Texas and the South East).

For the newer models they would come from certified used car fleets, have a more
extensive grooming than a normal certified used car and receive a Heritage badge
and certificate (that's the bit you will pay extra for!).

For the older vehicles they would be restored to mint (not concours winner)
condition using 'new old-stock'  Unfortunately I do not have any information on
pricing - only that they will command a premium over other used sources.

While we're on the subject of pricing a brand new 200SX (2 litre turbo model)
costs 20,450 pounds (basic) 23,050 pounds (air con / leather / CD version) in
the UK.  I bet they're about the same numbers in dollars - I don't want to hear
Americans moan about car prices again.

Pat
'78 Spitfire 1500 (anyone tell me what it's worth Stateside?)