TR-6 rear springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 rear springs
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 07:41:54 -0600 (CST)
Regarding Dick Burger and Tom Tweed responses:  I never realized that the 71
and older 6's could not just use the same rear spring conversions that all
newer 6's use, (such as the competition type).  Why not just keep my old
springs rather than use later "sagged" 6 springs?

My car is really flopping down its rear on acceleration and I would love to
have something more substantial back there. I guess I believe you, but am
wondering if nylatron bushes alone will firm up the rear enough.

 I have taken off both swing arms and axles and will be dropping the diff as
I do have a broken bracket there.  I have one shock link worn out and one is
excellant.  I am happy to say that my shocks are excellant. I do have a 73
parts car that I could use the springs off of but it is in storage and has
stuff packed all around and in and.......:(   you get the drift?!!!!

Has anyone out there with pre-71 6's used stiffer springs and how do you
like them?  Does tire size help make a higher riding car look lower?  I am a
novice and greatly appreciate the help I get.  Thank you all for
contributions as this really helps reduce costly mistakes and wasted time.
                        Gary Nafziger    Wellman  Iowa

1960 TR-3  (running basket case)
19?? TR-4  (parts stacked on shelves)
1973 TR-6  (Parts car no engine)