Re: Questions about Installing TR-3 ragtop(John Cowan's message)

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: Questions about Installing TR-3 ragtop(John Cowan's message)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 14:44:41 -0500 (EST)
Cc: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 15 Dec 1996 ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> Maybe a TR3 someone on the list could/would provide you with the proper
> precautions to use for your car.  Remember the old adage "measure thrice -cut
> once."  If I am correct, once you cut the top to install a snap - the top is
> completely yours and you can' t return it.  But relax and think it out and
> all will be OK.  :-)

It's not impossible to do this yourself, but if you're at all
uncomfortable or hesitant about goofing up a new top, by all means go to
an upholstery/top shop and have them do it.

I would definitely make one suggestion before heading there: make darned
sure that your side curtains are properly aligned to door, windshield
frame, etc., and make sure they go with you when you take the car to have
the top fitted. If both top and side curtains are fitted properly to each
other and to the car, a TR3 can be a reasonably weathertight vehicle. But
you'll cause yourself nothing but grief if the top fits beautifully and
the curtains don't mate up well to it, etc.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *