Re: transmission tunnel insulation

To: Brent Martin <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Subject: Re: transmission tunnel insulation
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 21:07:45 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Brent: You want to buy the double faced HVAC duct wrap. It's plastic
bubble wrap that is faced with silver Mylar. Available at home depot,
etc. I used "liquid nails" constuction adhesive to attach it. I used
this stuff  under the carpets of my Tiger. It dropped the interior temp.
at least 40d.F.(Tigers are very hot because of the V-8 being stuffed
into a small space.) Another benefit is reduced noise level. I'm going
to use it in the TR6 for the same reasons.