Re: Delorto & Spitfire?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Delorto & Spitfire?
From: mharasek@magmacom.com (Martin Harasek)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 01:51:20 -0500
>A good friend of mine is planning to put two Delorto carbs (45 mm) on his
>Spit 1296 ccm - anybody on this list who has any experience they might want
>to share with me (him) on this matter? How hard is it to tune them?
>synchronize them? what other mods are necessary (cam,...)
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated,
>
>Michael

>GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - FOR SALE
>GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
>- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
>TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project

Hi Michael

I'm running a triple DellOrto Setup on my TR6, lots of power, but it takes
a lot of time to get them there. My biggest problem was getting parts,
since they have been discontinued for a couple of years. The only place I
could get parts from was Claudes Buggies in Farmersville Ca.. So if you or
your friend knows of any other sources please let me know.
  On the other hand, I personally think, that 2-45mm Carbs ( I assume your
talking DHLA's ) is overkill.
  Anyways, I would be interested in the exact Setup and how you guys go
about it.

                                 Good luck
                                           Martin

Martin Harasek L.P.P.O.