re: Wheelboxes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Wheelboxes
From: Ken Brown (Kenneth Brown) <kbrown@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:51:37 -0800
The last mailer from Obsolete Auto,Parts has a tech session on removing the
wheelbox nut.... They recommend just cutting them off with a off with a
hacksaw.

> Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 22:50:50 EST
> From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
> Subject: Wheelboxes

(snip)
>The culprits seemed to be the wheelboxes, that is, the part that that
>protrudes through the front cowl to which you affix the wiper arms.  I >have
wrestled with these things before and the biggest problem is that >the nut that
secures them siezes and can make removal just about >impossible.  The nut
secures two black plastic pieces, one on top of the >cowl, and one underneath.
(snip)