Re: TR 6 bonnet latch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 bonnet latch
From: dynamic@pbgi.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 20:47:02 -0800 (PST)
Ken wrote:

>latch from Rimmer Bros. Quality is questionable at best,  plus the spring
>assembly and base are silver cadmium plated while the safety catch is gold
>cadmium plated. Makes a odd looking combination. Oh well, looks like anyone
>without the original latch will be putting out $30 every couple of years.

My question for the listers:

Does anyone have a procedure they've used when installing a new latch
assembly to adjust the catch, etc.?  I bought a new pin (the piece on the
bonnet itself) a long time ago, (1989 or so) installed it, and never did
get it to work right.  It broke soon thereafter (surprise, surprise!) and
now, I'd like to replace it again, along with the latch mechanism that
bolts to the firewall.  I'd like a latch that works!!  It seemed that I was
never able to get it adjusted correctly.  Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6