Re: Polishing Aluminum

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polishing Aluminum
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 20:23:15 EST
On Thu, 26 Dec 1996 19:19:50 -0500 KVacek@aol.com writes:

><< All you guys out there with metal working experience, any tips on
>what
> attachments I should use to polish up my valve covers and intake
>manifold?.
> They are heavily oxidised aluminum castings. >>

I have had gotten the best results by initially bead blasting the parts.
Puts a nice satin finish on that you might like better than polishing,
but it's a good starting point for polishing.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)