TR6 differential frozen

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 differential frozen
From: "Daniel Julien" <djulien@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 21:31:07 -0600
OK, I've got a problem. My TR6 project is finally getting to the point
where I'm beginning to think about putting the suspension back together. As
I was going through all the boxes to take stock of what I have and figure
out what parts I need to order, I uncovered the differential. To my
surprise, when I gave a twist to one of the output shafts, it wouldn't
turn. None of the shafts will turn, not by hand, anyway. Is this beyond
hope (rebuild/new diff), or can I safely free it up by applying more force?
It's been sitting on a shelf in my storeroom, untouched for about 3 years.

Dan Julien
'72 TR6
Austin, Texas
djulien@mail.utexas.edu