RE: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Ed Rush <EdRush@fan.net

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Ed Rush <EdRush@fan.net>]
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:59:26 -0700
Encoding: 61 TEXT
Well I think there are at least two potential probelms with this:

1. The person asking the question must "summarize" the replies. I suspect that
try as we might, sometimes we will just forget to do our duty and summarize. Or
summarize incorrectly or incompletely. That way we all lose.

2. On other occasions, the summary will be someone's interpretation of a number
of replies. By the time we read the summary, it will have passed through one
more "filter". I would personally rather read the original reply especially
since over time I have come to "know" the way certain posters describe whatever
it is they're writing about.

If the person with the question chooses to provide a summary and it is a good
one, it should then be posted to a suitable location where anyone can get it
anytime (ie. the VTR pages or some other such place).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada