Spitfire Rear end "Clicking"

To: "'British List'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Rear end "Clicking"
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 16:40:47 -0800
Howdy listers,

        And now, my last request of you all this year!.....

        I have : 1. Replaced the u-joint on the diff end of the prop shaft
(trans end is the            newer cv joint style)
                2. Had the prop shaft balanced.
                3. Had the axle shafts/hubs rebuilt.
                4. New uj's on axle shafts.
                5. New 3.89 rear end.
                6. New bushings thoughout the rear end suspension.

                AND STILL...the MOST annoying click sound is still present.

                Sounds just like a u-joint, but....there are no more left to
replace.

        Who knows what the diagnosis procedure should be at this point?  I am
almost resigned to live with it, but would rather not.  Please...help me!  I
must now consume mass quantities of Boodles gin....over.  When the london fog
clears from my head in the morning, I will attempt any and all suggestions
(within reason).

Thank you all, and Happy New Year

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar