Spit Steering Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Steering Wheels
From: tonyr@dzn.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 17:45:50 -0600
RO>Greetings all and happy new year.

RO>For several months now I have been searching vainly for a classic 60s era
RO>wood rimmed chrome spoked steering wheel to replace the black plastic one in
RO>my Mk I Spit.  The only one I have seen is in the VB catalog but it is
RO>mahogany rimmed, highly polished wood and looks to be too fat in the rim
RO>width and too small in the circumference.  I am looking for that classic
RO>thin rim with finger grips, light walnut or oak colored wheel as a
RO>replacement (in fact our 356C has exactly what I am looking for but alas
RO>there is no adaptor for a Porsche to Spitfire conversion).  I'll also need
RO>an appropriate adapter to go with it (I expect that will be like finding the
RO>needle in the haystack).  So, any leads or thoughts as to where such a gem
RO>might be found (new or used)??????  Thanks all.

RO>Ross D. Vincenti
RO>64 Spitfire 4
RO>64 Porsche 356C Coupe (next project)
Ross,
 Check with any larger parts store and look into the Grant line.
 If yo cannot find any info, let me know. I think I have a catalogue
around here someplace.
 Among other things, Grant makes an excellent Moto-lita look-a-like with
the chrome spokes, walnut outer ring and brass rivets.
 They are not "cheap" but quality cannot be beat.
Regards,
TonyR
--
The Digital Zone  (915) 751-0131 voice (915) 759-8100 data
http://www.dzn.com